Commercial property litigation
GA’s property litigation team can call upon significant experience and genuine specialist expertise in relation to what is a technical and often complex area of law.
We recognise that property related disputes can be disruptive and commercially sensitive. We provide strategic advice and commercial solutions for our clients on a wide range of issues and have experience of all forms of dispute resolution including court proceedings, arbitration, expert determinations and mediation.
Naturally, our core offering involves helping our clients to resolve conflict as and when it arises. However, we also play a significant role in working closely with our property teams to identify potential problems and help with risk management strategies.
We also work closely with other property professionals and advisers and invest in building relationships with them.
Our clients include investors, developers and corporate occupiers across a number of sectors including retail, charity and leisure/hospitality.
Areas of our work include the following:-
- Asset management (including advice on tenant default, service charges and applications for landlord’s consent)
- Break notices (advice on validity of notices and conditionality)
- Business tenancies (Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 lease renewals and termination of tenancies)
- Contractual disputes (including overage and options)
- Dilapidations (interim and terminal)
- Freehold issues (including boundary disputes, adverse possession, easements and wayleaves)
- Mortgage possession claims
- Nuisance claims – (including odour and noise nuisance)
- Property related professional negligence
- Restrictive covenants
- Rights of light
- Trespasser possession claims